- Designed for 3+ years of outdoor use. Standard PVC clips (which we no longer sell) only typically last a single season as they are not UV resistant and will break when installing pipes.
- Allows you to build your entire lighting structure safely at the ground
- Reduces the amount of time required on the roof or ladder to perfectly mount your lights
- Lights can be perfectly spaced and angled, on the ground, without depending on shingle or gutter clips that might not even work with pixel lighting
- Securely holds PVC pipe to prevent rotation of pipe, ensuring that lights face the exact direction you want them pointing - towards your audience
- Uses cheap and light PVC pipe
- Clips are clear but can be painted with Krylon Fusion for Plastics paint prior to installation to match roof shingles, fascia or other mounting substrates for year-round mounting
- While this product is not intended for use with 1/2" EMT conduit (we recommend using schedule 80 PVC instead where strength is an issue), which is .706" OD compared to 1/2" PVC which is .840" OD - the clip can be used with 1/2" EMT. Here are the holding strengths (at 78 degrees f with sufficient screw):
- 1/2" PVC Pipe - 18 pounds per clip
- ASTM D-2241 / SDR 13.5 / Thinwall
- ASTM D-1785
- 1/2" EMT Conduit - 9.5 pounds per clip
- The optional 1-1/2" screw may not be suitable for all mounting locations such as roofs. Ensure that the selected screw is long enough to fully embed into the mounting material to ensure a secure attachment.
- Do not depend upon or hold onto PVC mounted pipe to support yourself.
Additional items required/optional:
- Overall height from bottom of base to top of PVC pipe: 1.14"
- Base width: .87"
- Maximum screw head width: .35"
- Width of gap at top when 1/2" PVC mounted: .71"
- Mounting Surface to Base of Pipe Gap: .30"
- Color: Clear (87% light transmission)
- Material: Polycarbonate (Lexan) with UV inhibitors
- 1/2" (nominal) / .840 OD Actual (thin wall recommended) PVC pipe
- Minimum 4" zip ties, 6" recommended (Nylon UV resistant recommended)
- Longer screws may be required depending on your specific substrate