Customer must provide the following information:
- Light Types
- Ribbon / Strip / Tape
- Used in about 50% of house outlines
- Biggest "bang for the buck"
- Not as durable as other light types
- Harder to solder
- C9 / Brilliant Bulbs
- Used in about 30% of house outlines
- More traditional "classic" look of C9 style lights
- Very durable
- Can be mounted to PVC pipe or C9 clips (most types)
- Use in about 15% of house outlines
- Typically highly DIY and requires mounting substrate. Square modules can be mounted to PVC pipe.
- Very durable
- More segmented light sections
- More expensive, requires more lights
- Requirements / Limits
- Free design service only applies to purchases of entire systems including:
- One type of light (ribbon, bulbs, nodes) can be used
- If standing where your viewer is located and you cannot see a area such as the side of the house, top of roof, don't put lights there
- Consider how complex it is to install and mount lights on areas such as curved windows and ridges of roof
- Take ONE (no,really, we are serious, one) photo from the location where the viewer will be located
- Photo must be high quality with a minimum of 2MP in size. Do not down res or reduce quality of photo.
- Do not use "Google Maps Street View" for your photo, take a photo of what your house looks like right at this moment.
- Take the photo straight on in the center of the house, do not use angles as this distorts the design
- Do not use drone or satellite photos - viewers don't see the display from a drone angle
- If you can't see the location from the ground where you want to install lights (ridge line, etc), viewers can't see these lights either
- Do not make a collage of photos in a single picture - there should be only the photo of the house with the dimensions on the photo.
- Mark-up photo (use any paint application such as Microsoft Paint or PixlR) showing exact location of lights to be installed.
- Note: If you need multiple angles, multiple photos or have a complex design, we offer this in our paid design service
- Mark locations where ALL possible lights are to be installed by using a solid line.
- For each segment where lights are installed, place the length of that area in INCHES (not feet and inches or metric amounts)
- No references to gutter, roof, door, window or other items should be necessary as the dimensions will be printed directly on the photo
- Send this drawing to email@example.com with the subject line of "House Outline - Order XXXXX" - where XXXXX is your order number.
- GREAT PHOTO:
- Photo is taken straight on at face of house and not at an angle. Photo includes dimensions, even in different colors to aid in identifying sections. One side of building in photo:
- INCORRECT PHOTO:
- Single photo taken from viewing location, including clear dimensions on photo, one photo. Dimensions are not in inches.
- INCORRECT PHOTO:
- Photo has two sides of building on one photo (72" and 113"). Photo is taken slightly off-angle from face of house (excludes cases where viewing area is from this location):
- INCORRECT / UNACCEPTABLE PHOTO:
- Multiple angles - bush obscures house in photo. Take photo from customer viewing area. This photo includes two sides not permitted under free design services.
Customers will be provided with:
Limits, Exclusions and Warnings:
- An estimate of project cost based on the information provided to HolidayCoro
- A complete list of all the hardware, specific to their house or business design, to complete the project including links to the items on our website
- CAD drawings showing controller, pixel and cabling locations overlay-ed on your home or business (this is provided after purchase)
- Written documentation for each controller, what length of pixels connects to it, the controller settings, power and pixel counts and other related information (this is provided after purchase)
- Advice on software solutions to meet customer goals and skill levels (as requested)
- Designs will be focused on ease of assembly, ease of installation and the least amount of cabling as opposed to complex power injection methods.
- Customers that submit estimated dimensions or dimensions not obtained from actual physical measurements will be rejected and will be moved to our paid service.
- Design includes only a single type of light type (ribbon, node, bulb)
- HolidayCoro is not responsible for errors in free designs.
- HolidayCoro will design based upon customer requested locations of lights.
- HolidayCoro does not perform designs for non-HolidayCoro hardware or products
- This free service does not include redesigning a house outline or product re-use / recycling from other projects. All product hardware is selected based on this being a new project.
- Typical turn around time is 1 to 4 days depending on current project workloads. Design service subject to blackout periods during peak season (Sept - Nov).